An MBA degree in Finance is not enough to have a flourishing career. Taking a few courses after the MBA will help you gain the upper hand over others looking for work in the finance sector. These courses will reflect on your resume and equip you with specialised skills to help you upskill and excel in your career.
Read on to learn about the best short-term courses after MBA finance.
List of Short Term Courses for MBA Finance Students
1. US CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
The Institute of Management Accountants (IIM), in the USA, awards the CMA or Certified Management Accountant certification after successful completion of this 6 to 9 months course.
A few highlights of the US CMA course are:
- It will cost you a fee of around INR 7 LPA.
- You can complete the course in 6 months.
- Zell Education is one of the top institutes offering the US CMA course.
- Companies like Infosys and Deloitte hire candidates with CMA certifications.
2. CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
The Chartered Financial Analyst Institute is the sole authority in awarding the Chartered Financial Analyst certification . It is a globally recognised designation and essential for anyone wanting to pursue a career in financial analysis. The job you can get after the CFA course can be in the fields of credit analysis, trading and wealth management. The fee for the course will cost you in the range of INR 0.5-1.5 LPA. You can finish the CFA course in 2 to 3 years.
3. CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
The CFP Board or Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. awards the CFP designation to MBA students and graduates.
The course highlights include:
- It will only take you 6 months to finish th CFP course.
- You can take the exam 3 times in one year.
- You need to clear 5 tests.
- It can cost you between INR 3,000 and INR 52,000.
- You can join top companies like Amazon and Kotak Life after your CFP certification.
4. ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants course is one of the most prestigious certifications in accounting and is preferred by many students who want to build a successful career abroad. In India, ACCA is said to be equivalent to CA and ACCA professionals are hired at the same salary in most companies such as PwC, KPMG, Deloitte, EY, Grant Thornton, and BDO.
The ACCA or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants is one of the top finance courses in the world.
Highlights of an ACCA course include the following:
- Companies like KPMG and PwC hire ACCA certified candidates.
- You can enroll at Zell Education for one of the best ACCA courses.
- The course duration can range between 6 months to 2 years.
- You can complete the course within a year if you are eligible for exemptions depending on any existing qualifications you may hold.
- It will cost you between INR 20,000 and INR 2.5 lakhs.
ACCA Salaries Around the World
5. NCFM Certifications
The National Stock Exchange Academy Certification in Financial Markets (NCFM) is one of the most important courses for you if you are looking for a career in the share market.
Some of the features of the NCFM course are:
- Each module of the NCFM course takes about one to two months to complete.
- You have to pay a fee of around INR 25,000 to pursue the course.
- Stock traders and brokerage houses like Groww and Upstox employ candidates having NCFM certification.
6. Quantitative Finance Courses
You will learn about financial markets and how derivative securities work from the Quantitative Finance Courses. People will refer to you as a ‘Quant’ after you finish this course and start a career in finance.
A few features of the courses are:
- The course duration is 4 months (maximum).
- You can get job roles in fields like Quant IT and Quant Trading.
- Pursuing the course will cost you around INR 3,500 to INR 8,000.
- Leading companies like JP Morgan and CRISIL hire people with a Quant degree.
7. Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst
Among the short-duration finance courses, we have the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst. Only a very diligent candidate can clear the test since it is one of the most sought-after jobs in the world. The high fee of the course is worth every penny as you will get a thorough knowledge of how the alternative investment industry works.
Top highlights of the course include:
- You need to devote around 200 hours to the course.
- VP Finance and Senior Financial Analyst are the highest paying jobs for a CAIA-certified candidate.
- You will earn a salary between INR 5 LPA and INR 25 LPA in top companies.
Now that you have a grasp of the best short-term courses after MBA finance, it’s time to select the course that suits your needs. With the rising interest of people in the stock market, it is crucial to gain certifications to establish your place in the industry. The US CMA Course at Zell Education is one of the best courses you can sign up for after an MBA in finance. You can even opt for our CFA Course if you wish to gain a globally-recognised certification and pursue a thriving career in finance.
Which course is best along with MBA finance?
There are plenty of certification courses to choose from after you finish your degree in MBA finance. Some short-term courses you can opt for include the US CMA, CFA, FRM, CFP, Company Secretary and more.
Which are short-term courses in finance?
The CFA and CMA are some of the most sought-after short-duration finance courses. These courses will improve your CV and land lucrative job opportunities in finance.
Which course is best for finance students?
Choosing one course among the plenty available for MBA finance graduates can be overwhelming. We suggest the CFP course as it is one of the most sought-after jobs in the finance industry.
What should I do after MBA in finance?
After completing your MBA in finance, you can select any certification course listed in this blog. These short-term courses will make you job-ready in the finance industry.