Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
The ACCA is the global body for professional accountants. Commonly referred to as ‘Global CA’.
Scope of ACCA Course in India
ACCA affiliates and members have a dedicated portal (www.accacareers.com) for furtherance of their job prospects. The portal is a platform for employers and job seekers to converge and find the best fit for each of the interested parties.
In India particularly, ACCAs mostly likely secure jobs in the Big 4 (PwC, EY, Deloitte, KPMG) or other MNCs (Accenture, Tata Communications, IBM, etc.). Zell has an entire network of ACCAs across India, and majority of the ACCAs are working in high paying jobs. Most of the ACCA members are paid equivalent to a member of the ICAI (Indian CA) across the country.
Founder of Zell Education – Pratham Barot secured a job in PricewaterhouseCoopers as a fresher, at the same designation, profile and salary pay as an Indian CA. Further information regarding ACCA members can also be found on the official ACCA website – ACCA members in India.
Feel free to contact us to understand more about the scope of ACCA in India, the job opportunities in India and overseas, as well as information regarding existing ACCAs in India.
Certificates with ACCA
- Diploma in Accounting and Business (on completion of F1 to F3 and Professional Ethics Module)
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business (on completion of F1 to F9, Professional Ethics Module)
- BSc in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University (certain criteria to be fulfilled)
- ACCA professional membership (on completion of all 14 exams, 3 years work experience and Professional Ethics Module)
- MSc in Professional Accounting from the University of London (certain criteria to be fulfilled)
ACCA Course Eligibility Criteria
- Students having reached the age of 18, along with qualification certificate for Grade 12 (having secured a minimum of 65% English and Accounts/ Maths + a minimum of 50% in the balance subjects)
- Students pursuing Graduation in Commerce (BCom, BMS, BAF, BFM, etc.) or
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science graduates from a recognized university via the Foundation in Accountancy route
2.5-3 years on an average
40% average of all papers for the last 10 years
Every examination requires 50 marks to qualify as a PASS. If a student secures less than 50 marks for any paper, he or she would have to re-take the same paper.
A student has to only re-take the exam for which he or she did not receive the pass mark (no aggregation system).
The ACCA course is bifurcated into 14 examinations. A student can attempt one to four papers every March, June, September and December.
The course is bifurcated into the following:
Knowledge based exams
F1 Accountants in Business
F2 Management Accounts
F3 Financial Accounts
Skills based exams
F4 Corporate and Business Law (Variant to be chosen)
F5 Performance Management
F6 Taxation (Variant to be chosen)
F7 Financial Reporting
F8 Audit and Assurance
F9 Financial Management
P1 Governance, Risks and Ethics
P2 Corporate Reporting
P3 Business Analysis
P4 Advanced Financial Management
P5 Advanced Performance Management
P6 Advanced Taxation (Variant to be chosen)
P7 Advanced Audit and Assurance
About each exam
- F1-F4 are all multiple choice questions (MCQs) examinations. Accordingly, they are Computer Based Exams (CBEs), wherein the student can opt to attempt the papers at any time during the year, at ACCA approved centres.
- F5-F9 are part MCQs and part subjective (for example, F9 Financial Management is 40% MCQ based and 60% subjective).
- The Professional papers, i.e., P1-P7 are entirely subjective.
- Each student has an option of choosing 2 of 4 papers between papers P4-P7.
|Chartered Accountancy from ICAI||F1 to F9|
|IPCC||F1, F2, F3, F6, F8|
|Company Secretary from ICSI||F4|
|MCom, BCom, BMS, BAF, BFM||F1, F2, F3, F4|
ACCA Course at Zell & Fee Structure
Classes Held on Weekends
|1 PAPER||14 PAPERS|
*Subject to exchange rate fluctuations and are approximate figures
*Classes for all 14 papers are entitled to reduction of INR 10,000
*Classes for first 4 papers are INR 14,999